Design is the purposeful act of creating simple experiences with people for an intended outcome.
Core to my beliefs is that every person can design and my job is to facilitate the co-creation of an intended outcome. My peers and managers call me the “Bridge-Builder” because I build radically collaborative relationships with people that enable them to have a safe and supportive framework in which to define an intended outcome. I believe that to design outside of the box that you must make the box bigger first by including people with different experience and knowledge.
I often use a three legged stool metaphor to explain my philosophy. If any of the legs is not valued or present the stool only has two legs and falls over. A three-legged product will be business viable, technical feasible and user desirable.
Senior UX Designer/Design Manager
IBM Watson Health in Austin, TX | 1/2006 – Current
Manage the work of design teams working on Watson Health Life Science products to ensure that the solutions that were defined and developed were useful and usable for users, business viable and technically feasible. Shaped the Watson Health Quality Management System and the design process of the product teams to work within the bounds of a health care QMS.
- Mentor and lead a design team of 14-experience researcher, user experience and visual designers working on 3 life science products. Completed team and individual design critics to improve the products and design skills of individual designer.
- Break down and prioritize the work to ensure that the design teams were leading the development teams not blocking them.
- As the Watson and Life Science design subject matter expect I was responsible for working across the entire Watson Health product portfolio to find opportunities for partnership and knowledge sharing to shape the entire product portfolio. I also taught designer to design for cognitive technologies to support human behavior such as trust and transparency.
UX Designer/Team Lead
IBM Watson/Mobile First in Austin, TX | 9/2014 – 1/2016
Lead and collaborated with cross-functional product teams in the evaluation and improvement of legacy products that incorporated cognitive technologies and deep analytics. The resulting product saved users time, reduced infrastructure cost and increase application engagement.
- Established the first a user research program to evaluate the product offering, design concepts and generate deep understanding of user needs to inform the product roadmap.
- Evaluated the existing offering with users to identify that the product was desired but not usable and as a result not useful.
- Lead the development and offering management team through a transformation from feature/technology driven product development to a human-centered development.
- Lead the team through a human centered/design thinking framework to identify and prioritize the roadmap of work needed to transform the offering into an offering that was useable and sold.
- Ensured that the product was useful and desirable to users, to work with offering management to ensure market viability and development to ensure technical feasibility.
Associate Professor of User Experience
Austin Community College in Austin, TX | 5/2015 – 8/2015
Planned and implemented an introductory user experience course so that new design students had foundational User Experience Design knowledge.
- Used both lecture and workshops to teach and reinforce learn the UX Process.
Interaction & Visual Senior Design Engineer
Dell in Round Rock, TX | 8/2011 – 9/2014
Partnering with product teams to design solutions that demystify and simplify the complexity of managing and maintaining IT Infrastructure, Thin Clients, and Servers.
- Planning and executing design research and interaction design for each sprint cycle.
- Managing the discovery phase and creative process to ensure that scrum teams are supported with the design direction and user testing during implementation.
- Collaborating with product and design teams across company silos to design and document a reusable user interface pattern library.
- Delivering user insights to guide product teams on current and future releases.
Sprint in Overland Park, Kansas | 10/2007 – 8/2011
Worked with business owners to create design solutions that maintain a consistent user experience and corporate brand across all telecom touch points.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to translate business and user requirements into workflows, wireframes and high fidelity compositions.
- Visual design leader during the redesign of sprint.com responsible for ensuring the visual strategy was authentic to the brand.
Worked with established teams to develop client websites using best practices.
- Translated raster based compositions into web standard web sites.
- Developed kiosk and sites that was user centered; incorporating a balance of usability, accessibility and web standards.
Breakthrough in Kansas City, Missouri |2/2006 – 1/2007
Designed and maintained client web sites and marketing materials in the banking and apparel industries.
- Reduced server load on multiple client web sites by half saving the client money on infrastructure and bettering the user experience.
- Decreased site the production time from four months to six weeks.
Exhibit & Advertising Manager
PROSOCO, Inc. in Lawrence, Kansas | 10/1999 – 2/2006
Managed and developed marketing projects, strategic planning and budgeting for the construction chemicals markets. Redesigned and managed the brand across all touch-points.
- Researched and implemented the trade show program including show selection, exhibit design, onsite logistics and staff management.
- Developed and implemented advertising program. Negotiated insertion costs to maximize the budget.
- Managed marketing projects from concept to competition. Coordinated vendor relationships to reduce production time and cost.
- Designed visual solutions for but not limited to print, presentation, video, web, training, advertising, and trade show exhibits.
Columbia Energy in Overland Park, Kansas | 3/1998 – 8/1999
Managed the design of residential and commercial energy management software tools.
- Reduced the cost of outsourcing by $2,000/month, decrease turnaround time, vendor dependency and increase productivity.
- Conducted heuristic evaluations and created solutions to solve for problems in the user experience. Implemented and tested an improved the user experience within two months.
MacVideo Interactive in Kansas City, MO | 1/1995 – 8/1997
Supervised and coordinated a team of web developers, graphic designers, video editors, and interactive authors to produce business and military training CD-ROM’s and videos.
- Ensured that team members were aware of their responsibilities, project deadlines and client expectations. Coordinated multiple projects maintained budgets and time lines.
- Designed and developed a computer based training project that included seven individual modules produced in five months.
Complex Data Visualization
Designing for Cognitive Technology
Accessibility and Inclusive Design
D2W: Designer/Developer/Mobile Workflow Conference, 2013 – “The Butterfly Effect of Engineering on UX Workflow, Deliverables and Engagement.”
UXPA Austin, January 2015 – Design Thinking Workshop in 90 minutes
UXPA Austin, June 2016 – Design Portfolio Panel from a Hiring Managers Perspective
Master of Arts in Interaction Design - University of Kansas in May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design - Kansas Wesleyan University in June, 1993