I am human-centered designer passionate about designing for human outcomes by turning complex problems into simple and elegant experiences that WOW. I use a combination of team collaboration, the constraints of business/technology, and understanding the “why?” behind human behavior to solve problems to fulfill a human and market need.
I work with a bias toward action, turning abstract concepts into concrete representations a team use for alignment or test with users. I approach designing for complex systems with a holistic System Thinking approach to capture the context of a human and the job-to-be-done they have hired a product to complete.
Director of Product Design
Compeat in Austin, TX | 4/2018 – Current
Design product representations that reproduce legacy thick client capabilities in a web application. Lead the work of two designers working on five parallel products, to ensure that the design work was prioritized and delivered to ensure client promised deadlines.
Senior UX Designer/Design Manager
IBM in Austin, TX | 8/2014 – 4/2018
Lead design teams in the collaboration with product managers, and technologists to define and design product outcomes that were useful and usable for users, business viable and technically feasible. The resulting products save users time, reduced infrastructure/support costs and increase application engagement/sales.
- Translating complex data science and machine learning processes into an experience that a non-technical user can use to achieve similar, repeatable results from their own data.
- Lead the cross-functional teams through a transformation from feature/technology driven product development to a human-centered development using persona, journey maps and storytelling.
- Critiqued to improve products, designer skills and guide designers to design for Watson so that users can test and build trust with cognitive technologies.
- During the product definition/strategy phase, I worked as a design strategist evaluating competitive products, conducting stakeholder interviews and user research.
Associate Professor of User Experience
Austin Community College in Austin, TX | 5/2015 – 8/2015
Planned and implemented an introductory user experience course so that new design students had foundational User Experience Design knowledge.
- Used both lecture and workshops to teach and reinforce learn the UX Process.
Interaction & Visual Senior Design Engineer
Dell in Round Rock, TX | 8/2011 – 9/2014
Partnering with product teams to design solutions that demystify and simplify the complexity of managing and maintaining IT Infrastructure, Thin Clients, and Servers.
- Planning and executing design research and interaction design for each sprint cycle.
- Managing the discovery phase and creative process to ensure that scrum teams are supported with the design direction and user testing during implementation.
- Collaborating with product and design teams across company silos to design and document a reusable user interface pattern library.
- Delivering user insights to guide product teams on current and future releases.
Sprint in Overland Park, Kansas | 10/2007 – 8/2011
Worked with business owners to create design solutions that maintain a consistent user experience and corporate brand across all telecom touch points.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to translate business and user requirements into workflows, wireframes and high fidelity compositions.
- Visual design leader during the redesign of sprint.com responsible for ensuring the visual strategy was authentic to the brand.
Worked with established teams to develop client websites using best practices.
- Translated raster based compositions into web standard web sites.
- Developed kiosk and sites that was user centered; incorporating a balance of usability, accessibility and web standards.
Breakthrough in Kansas City, Missouri |2/2006 – 1/2007
Designed and maintained client web sites and marketing materials in the banking and apparel industries.
- Reduced server load on multiple client web sites by half saving the client money on infrastructure and bettering the user experience.
- Decreased site the production time from four months to six weeks.
Exhibit & Advertising Manager
PROSOCO, Inc. in Lawrence, Kansas | 10/1999 – 2/2006
Managed and developed marketing projects, strategic planning and budgeting for the construction chemicals markets. Redesigned and managed the brand across all touch-points.
- Researched and implemented the trade show program including show selection, exhibit design, onsite logistics and staff management.
- Developed and implemented advertising program. Negotiated insertion costs to maximize the budget.
- Managed marketing projects from concept to competition. Coordinated vendor relationships to reduce production time and cost.
- Designed visual solutions for but not limited to print, presentation, video, web, training, advertising, and trade show exhibits.
Columbia Energy in Overland Park, Kansas | 3/1998 – 8/1999
Managed the design of residential and commercial energy management software tools.
- Reduced the cost of outsourcing by $2,000/month, decrease turnaround time, vendor dependency and increase productivity.
- Conducted heuristic evaluations and created solutions to solve for problems in the user experience. Implemented and tested an improved the user experience within two months.
MacVideo Interactive in Kansas City, MO | 1/1995 – 8/1997
Supervised and coordinated a team of web developers, graphic designers, video editors, and interactive authors to produce business and military training CD-ROM’s and videos.
- Ensured that team members were aware of their responsibilities, project deadlines and client expectations. Coordinated multiple projects maintained budgets and time lines.
- Designed and developed a computer based training project that included seven individual modules produced in five months.
Complex Data Visualization
Designing for Cognitive Technology
Accessibility and Inclusive Design
D2W: Designer/Developer/Mobile Workflow Conference, 2013 – “The Butterfly Effect of Engineering on UX Workflow, Deliverables and Engagement.”
UXPA Austin, January 2015 – Design Thinking Workshop in 90 minutes
UXPA Austin, June 2016 – Design Portfolio Panel from a Hiring Managers Perspective
Master of Arts in Interaction Design - University of Kansas in May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design - Kansas Wesleyan University in June, 1993